COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Luvo may collect information, including personal information, about you, directly from you, automatically via your use of the Sites, and in some cases from third parties. The information we collect about you may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Luvo’s products and services or sign up to receive Luvo’s e-mail newsletters or coupons.
- Completing a profile on the Sites.
- Purchasing any product through the Sites.
- Providing product feedback or making other submissions to Luvo.
- Requesting information or assistance through the Sites. Luvo may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Luvo’s products.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Using other features of the Sites that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature, such as commenting on our blog posts.
Generally, the personal information that Luvo may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, or in other communications to Luvo. If you provide us with personal information about another person, you represent and warrant that you have the right and authority and have obtained all necessary consents to provide us with such information.
Luvo may also collect information about your use of our Sites, , which may include, but is not limited to, the frequency of user visits to the Sites, the routes by which users access the Sites and use hyperlinks available on the Sites and other clickstream data; users’ browser type, and operating system type, name and version; users’ IP address including general location information;, the length of time a user visits our Sites, the pages they view and activities they engage in, and date and time stamps; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led a user to our Sites. Luvo or its service providers and agents may process and use this data for various purposes including, but not limited to, analysis of this data for trends and statistics, development of the Sites and the Sites’ features and offerings, assessing patterns of use, or planning and evaluating marketing initiatives. This information is gathered by certain tools and methods such as cookies, pixel tags, log files, java script and other technologies. We may combine this information that we collect about your use of our Sites, with other information, including personal information we collect about you.
Like many websites, Luvo and our third party service providers utilize “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Luvo with personal information.
Cookies help Luvo to improve the Sites and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Luvo to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Luvo’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to theSites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of the Sites. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
- United States. Users in the United States may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, as well as that Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, for information about opting out of interest-based advertising by DAA members and NAI members, respectively.
- Users in Canada may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) Opt-Out Tool at http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ for more information and to opt out of interest based advertising by certain ad networks.
- Users in the European Union may go the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) Your Online Choices website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ and select their country to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt out in their own country.
Opting out of one or more of ad networks (many of which may be the same) through the above only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. For example, you may continue to receive advertisements based on the particular website or page that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your opt-out(s) may no longer be effective.
Protection of Your Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the personal information we collect. Nevertheless, internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. Any messages or information you send to the Sites could be intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Luvo, please contact: email@example.com.
User Content and Profiles
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Luvo’s collection of your personal information, Luvo may use such personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market sell or otherwise provide information, products or services in accordance with applicable law;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions through the Sites and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Luvo on or through the Sites;
- To conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage Luvo’s business and operations;
- To detect and protect Luvo and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Luvo’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Luvo;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal information collected on the Sites may be stored and processed in the United States, Canada or abroad. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- To third parties whom Luvo hires to provide services on Luvo’s behalf, including support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, and answering customer questions about Luvo’s products and services. Luvo will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Luvo and/or on Luvo’s behalf, and they will be contractually prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Your user name and any information that you post (e.g., reviews, comments), as well as other account and profile information based on your account privacy settings, will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Services.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, as part of any other similar business transfer, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. We also may disclose certain personal information to third parties related to proposed, potential or ongoing mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers/sales, bankruptcy proceedings, and similar transaction, prior to the conclusion of such transaction, including legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of Luvo’s business or operations.
- With your consent, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
- In order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena or as otherwise permitted or required by law
- Luvo may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Luvo in accordance with applicable laws. However, Luvo will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for Luvo business purposes.
Luvo recognizes the privacy interests of children and Luvo encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. Luvo does not target its services or the Sites to children under 18. Luvo does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
CHOICE AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
Luvo does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further promotional email communications from Luvo (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such promotional communications by means of a link provided in every promotional e-mail that is sent to you by Luvo. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other promotional information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any orders or services you have requested or received from us.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may log in to your Luvo account at any time to access, update, or correct information you have submitted to Luvo. Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Luvo will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to, and correct errors or omissions in respect of, that information. Requests for access or corrections should be sent in writing to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Attention: Privacy Officer
410 – 1580 West Broadway
V6J 5K8 Canada