Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Burien, WA
We are looking for a reliable Manager of Quality Assurance to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers. You will be responsible for inspecting procedures and outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues. An excellent Quality Assurance Manager has eyes like a hawk and solid experience in quality control.
Performance Kitchen Crafted is a frozen food manufacturing facility (once Eat Local). Visit us at performancekitchen.com to learn more about our growing company!
- Ensure compliance with USDA regulations and organizational policies.
- Conducts, implements and develops quality checks throughout the production process.
- Oversees daily USDA inspections and assists in consumer or government food safety audits.
- Document control relevant to QA and aligning within HACCP, including the development and maintenance of SOPs within a GMP environment.
- Leads in non-conformance and consumer complaints investigations, and develops, coordinates and implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Leads troubleshooting of issues related to portioning and finishing and coaches the team on developing solutions.
- Takes the lead on continuous improvement initiatives as related to production, equipment and quality.
- Perform allergen and microbiological testing
- Work closely with the leadership group providing insight on specific manufacturing issues, innovations and needs.
- Establishes effective employee relations and develops a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- BSC in Food Science or equivalent.
- 3 years minimum food processing and QA management
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal. You will be liaising with managers and key personnel on daily basis collaborating on issues relating to manufacturing. You will be responsible for communicating objectives to your team and ensuring adherence with policies as well as writing reports, plans and memos.
- Natural leadership skills with the ability to lead. Empowers team with knowledge and skills needed to get their job done.
- Strong numerical ability coupled with critical thinking skills are essential in this role.
- An ability to review specific analysis and apply knowledge and insight within the production facility.
- MS Office and Time and Attendance software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year