Crispy sautéed kale. Crunchy, peppery arugula. Tangy, smooth avocado cream drizzled on top. It’s not hard to see why this Luvo hack has become a signature dish around our house. Tons of fiber and tons of flavor are always good in my books. Make yourself a hearty bowl of this and see for yourself why it’s in my regular rotation.
Ingredients (makes one meal)
- 1 Luvo So Cal Kale & Beans Planted™ Bowl
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt or vegan mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce (more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 handful of kale, chopped
- 1 handful of arugula
- Pepitas, as many as you like (aka shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Cook Luvo meal according to package instructions.
- Make avocado cream: Place avocado, yogurt, lemon juice and Sriracha in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Consistency should be creamy, so add more mayo or yogurt if it’s too thick.
- Cook the kale: In a pan over high heat, add a splash of canola or grape seed oil, then add kale and let it fry for a minute or two. Toss once, then let it crisp for another minute and remove from pan.
- Assemble: Place cooked Luvo meal in a bowl, add crispy kale and fresh arugula and drizzle with a generous amount of avocado cream. Top with pepitas, and enjoy!
Give it a try and let us know what you think. Share your feedback and any substitutions in the comments section. Be sure to also download Luvo’s 7-day meal and fitness plan for more nutrition tips and recipes.
Did you enjoy this post? Stay in the know with more nutrition tips, and exclusive promo offers — join our newsletter.